ArmA Chechnya War Mod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ArmA Chechnya War Mod

ArmA CWM Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feedback,post it here!

Go down 
+3
SWAT
datakill
DaV!d Armstrong
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DaV!d Armstrong

Feedback,post it here! Empty
PostSubject: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime10/03/08, 12:50 am

Hello everybody,

Here you can now post your feedback from the whole Chechenya War Mod Addons.I mean the betas,first release packs,etc.If you also want to post your feedback,take my post as a example.I bet the CWM Team need some facts.

Here comes my first feedback about the Beta1.

1.Feedback (Beta1):

My personnal feedback to this first CWM beta means good.I don't saw any bug until the ka50.But this is not important.I took a look on the MDV Soldiers,they looks all pretty good.The textures,models looks like they were made with good quality,and detail love.There is nothing i have to say,cuz everythig was okay in the beta.So i don't have any suggestion,it is just a good feedback.Oh,there is one thing i forget
,the units doens't have any wound textures.

2.Tested files:

- cwm_air.pbo
- cwm_air_cfg.pbo
- cwm_infantry.pbo
- cwm_infantry_cfg.pbo
- cwm_weapons.pbo
- cwm_weapons_cfg.pbo

- sd_btr80.pbo

Thank you all for this possibly great mod.

Greetings

DaV!d Armstrong
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime10/03/08, 10:11 pm

You should have found looooots of weird things Wink

Take a look closer, especialy on the weapons.

Some of them are not shooting exactly where you aim, some shadows are missing and units don't have blood textures when injured. All those stuff needs to be tested ingame of course.

Thx for the first report and support
Back to top Go down
DaV!d Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime11/03/08, 02:30 am

datakill wrote:

Take a look closer, especialy on the weapons.

Some of them are not shooting exactly where you aim, some shadows are missing and units don't have blood textures when injured. All those stuff needs to be tested ingame of course.

Oh okay,i thought i shouldn't report that,cuz i thought you guys already know it.But i don't took a look on the weapons to 100%,i was testing the units.
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime11/03/08, 02:41 am

lol don't worry, we know most of the stuff we have to work on (the big ones).

The most important to us are 2 things :

- The textures appearance (details, does it match with reality ?, weapons shining, what we could improve, etc...) Mostly a matter of opinion.
- How each weapons are accurate ? IE: this weapon shoot too high compared to the target, etc. For this we don't know all the details and it could be helpful to report it cause it's a long work.

In example, today I've found that the BTR-80 gun shoot too much on the right Wink
Back to top Go down
DaV!d Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime11/03/08, 05:23 am

datakill wrote:
- How each weapons are accurate ? IE: this weapon shoot too high compared to the target, etc. For this we don't know all the details and it could be helpful to report it cause it's a long work.

Okay,i wil compare the accurate of your weapons with wikipedia or other knowledge sites.
Idea

btw:Is there any chance for woman in Chechenya War Mod? I mean,are you guys able to put female models into the game to show the war theatre more realistic?
Laughing

EDIT:I took my time to think about the textures of the russian MDV units.I have a little suggestion.The texturer could make the textures more detailed,i suggest some dirt on their clothes,like dust or sludge.It would be better,cuz i don't think the soldiers who were fighting for Chechenya were wearing clean clothes.
What a Face
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime16/03/08, 01:24 pm

Gee I didn't see you message before....

I was talking about accuracy ingame. Some weapons need to be tweaked to
be more accurate. Some are shooting too high, etc...

About women you're talking about civilians I guess ? I really don't know at this time.

About dust and dirt, lots of people told us about that. It's a difficult problem because nobody did that on any models as far as I know. But my opinion is to make really dirty soldiers for regular units.
Back to top Go down
SWAT

SWAT

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime17/03/08, 06:22 pm

When i tested beta verison 2, i was see one bug - When i played as OMON Assault(2), i don't see weapon in the hands. Other models works correctly.
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime17/03/08, 06:37 pm

Yes I have seen that yesterday, I was very surprise ! But crionyk told me he will fix that for the next beta. No problem
Back to top Go down
RUS_ALFA

RUS_ALFA

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime18/03/08, 01:35 am

everything super, something still must be improved but this this is not the problem. i think the helmets of the units should be made that way, these also shine like the original from BIS
do you know what i mean??
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime18/03/08, 01:43 am

You mean more shiny right ?

Yes i think the same, we'll see that.

The screenshots of the tonight's beta-test game is here :

https://armacwm.forumotion.com/the-server-and-the-clan-f7/beta-testers-meeting-screenshots-03-18-t60.htm

Wink
Back to top Go down
DaV!d Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime18/03/08, 05:49 pm

Okay guys,you know,i don't have much time to post a good feedback.But i will tell you what i saw while i was playing beta 2 for 10 minutes.Everything till yet is okay,but the OMON Units need some details,thats the part of my
suggestion
:

Helmets:Click

Decals:Click

To be honest...The OMON Units looks very nice,i like that realistic camo.But if you see on all these soldiers,they aren't dirty.datakill i was talking about the textures,not about the models in my last post.The textures should be looking dirty,or dusty,whatever.It should look like the soldiers came from war,and not from the barracks.And the rest is almost okay,like i said,i was not able to play longer,cuz i am going offline in 10 minutes. Sad

About the previous post:

I would be glad to see woman in the game,i am not perverse or something,LOL! I just imagine how realistic it could be if we get female soldiers,or also female civilians runing away from their homes.But you already answered my question,so i will not ask again. Smile

Tested till yet,

- cwm_infantry.pbo
- cwm_infantry_cfg.pbo
- cwm_weapons.pbo
- cwm_weapons_cfg.pbo

The BTR wasnt tested cuz it is okay also this files:
cwm_air.pbo,cwm_air_cfg.pbo.

Greetings

DaV!d Armstrong
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime18/03/08, 06:35 pm

About the helmets, could be more shiny, right. About the decals, no worries, all those urban soldiers are not OMON but OSNAZ (just a cpp mistake), one model with beret is OMON but he's not yet in the beta 2 and he wears the decals.

About dust and dirt, it's already there : http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=63489047cg2.jpg

and :

Feedback,post it here! Dirtmo3.th

Not a lot of dirt but still, you think it's not enough ?
About women in the russian army, I think they are really rare and never go on frontlines. Russians have too much respect for women to send them to death. (sorry to be a bit pissed off about that fact but according to the time i spent in the military, I turned mad when I saw women coming in combat units. Then it started to be the mess).

About adding more civilians, like woman and all......not now as we stay focused on the military and rebel units. Though, the BMD-1 armor will be added soon Wink

Thx for the report

Last edited by datakill on 18/03/08, 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RUS_ALFA

RUS_ALFA

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime18/03/08, 10:34 pm

what I still havenoticed ,are the gloves .the Russian units do not have such gloves. affraid or not???? Suspect
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime18/03/08, 10:51 pm

You're right lol

It will be replaced by black leather "half-gloves" , no US gloves
Back to top Go down
DaV!d Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime19/03/08, 02:52 pm

datakill wrote:
Not a lot of dirt but still, you think it's not enough ?
About women in the russian army, I think they are really rare and never go on frontlines. Russians have too much respect for women to send them to death. (sorry to be a bit pissed off about that fact but according to the time i spent in the military, I turned mad when I saw women coming in combat units. Then it started to be the mess).
Yes,it is enough.
About woman,but you could include female medics.What do you think?
Anyway,i respect your opinion,actually i think the same,russian would not sent woman into frontline.But the female civilians would be very nice anyway.
Very Happy

Feedback,post it here! Postap_women_0_2998

This is a screenshot taken from a German ArmA Community site,the mod call Post Apocalypse.
I just want to show you how this guy did make the female soldiers,he just took Marian Quandts head.
I mean you could do the same,only by changing the male hands into female.And they should wear diffrent clothes and to be thin.This is just an example.

Greetings

DaV!d Armstrong
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime19/03/08, 05:38 pm

Honestly, they did a great job......they look kinda sexy Very Happy

My opinion about women in the army doesn't matter here, realism matters.

For sure if it's done, it could be as civilian, with a pack of buildings, why not. Not a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
MechaStalin

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime21/03/08, 11:31 am

Great work guys, did a few tests with the units and only problems I ran into were.

OMON Assault(2) not having weapon in his hands which was posted earlier.
No Wound texures for units (not really a problem)
Weapon does not show up in shadow of the infantry unit.

Other than that everything is great.
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime21/03/08, 11:56 am

Hi mecha, and welcome here !

Those bugs are known now, so it's a confirmation about the work that have to be done Wink

Don't hesitate to post your opinion about units realism and all (gears, etc)

Other than that I'm chasing bugs on the BTR80. The main problem is the bridge bug...can't find it. Also I'm working on new camo textures and other things like body armor improvment (seems to be a bit "light" to the other players).

BMD-1 will be in the next beta pack for sure. Wink
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime21/03/08, 01:55 pm

End of the week 2 bug report and "to do list" :

MVD Units :

invisible weapon in "assaut2" Urban camo
urban units designation should be "reed urban" not "OMON" except for the future model with beret.
General designation should be "Osnaz" not "Spetsnaz"
No blood texture
Urban camo is a bit dark (?)
Helmets needs a bit of shine
Urban units arm patch doesn't match with the patch shadow
All units needs leather "half-gloves" or no gloves.
One or 2 more urban models with black tarzan assault vest
Some camo tarzan assault vest on woodland reed units
clan arm patches not shown
Urban units are green from far

Weapons pack:

Weapons shadows missing
A bug on the SVD ammo when added in an ammo box (to be confirmed)
Some silenced weapons are shooting too high at short distance
AKMS + LG + PSO (non-silenced) needed

Air pack:

MI17 engine starts slow, could be improved
Onboard gun reloading slowly, could be improved

BTR-80

textures improvment
Bridge bug
Onboard guns accuracy problem
Armor improvement
Driver too far from the wheel
Different positions of the soldiers sitting on the top could be awesome

......to be edited if needed
Back to top Go down
MechaStalin

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime23/03/08, 10:18 pm

Just one more small thing.

I think but I'm not sure as I'm going by memory, but the soldier with a balaclava over his face, his balaclava dissapears on lower LODs at long range.
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime23/03/08, 10:28 pm

True, I realised that today while I was taking screenshots, I would say at more than 50 meters.
Back to top Go down
SWAT

SWAT

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime19/04/08, 09:26 am

i think KLMK must be more dirty, maybe how urban unifrorms.
Back to top Go down
Fabiantronc

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime13/07/08, 10:30 pm

Hi.

I was playing last night CWM on Domination with my Team mates and your mod rocks, very nice Smile

Well, I saw somethings than are weird.
BTR:
- The left road wheel don't have animations.
- Sometimes when you move the turret the Missile block the view, I think that can be fixed join the missile sections with the entirely turret.

That all for now, please add the option to drop a Motorbike behind of respawn vehicle in your next version of Domination.

Bye, Dosvidaya Smile

pd : Sorry for my bad English, I hope you can understand me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fabiantronc
datakill
Admin
datakill

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime14/07/08, 01:40 am

Hi, welcome and thanks for the nice comments and interest.

About those bugs, in fact we know them.

In fact the bugs you noticed are on the BMD and since i'm harrassed by lots of people about this wheels problem, I will defenatly take a look at it. In fact, there are also other bugs on other things and we are working hard on fixing it and creating lots of new units and all.

About the domination you've played, it should be the version called "1.1" that is played by default on our server. I tried to make this version more "real" by removing motorcycles, parachutes in helicopters, etc. But there is also a version called "2.0" which is the domination normal version including the CWM. Soon I will change the default map to this version for a change.

Have fun and see you soon
Back to top Go down
Fabiantronc

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime14/07/08, 01:50 am

Thanks Smile

You may add CfgSekeletons and CfgModels to your config file and define the road wheels (podkolo, kolo, etc...).
Well, Now i will go to play Domination with @CWM and I will see if there are more bugs to reports.

Bye.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fabiantronc
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback,post it here!   Feedback,post it here! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feedback,post it here!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next