ArmA Chechnya War Mod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ArmA Chechnya War Mod

ArmA CWM Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kamov 50 Black Shark

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dev

Dev

Kamov 50 Black Shark Empty
PostSubject: Kamov 50 Black Shark   Kamov 50 Black Shark Icon_minitime30/01/08, 07:14 am

I started to work some time ago on a Black Shark skin. Most images i see from a black shark is that they are only pure black and not with shark teeth painted. But anyway i have both skins - black and black with teeth. Im sorry for this heavy photo shopped image - but i had nothing to do and played around Very Happy and i have no other recent image of it. But you get the idea. Its not finished yet. I have some more fine trimming to do. But now you know that we have a black shark for the CWM mod.

Kamov 50 Black Shark Blackshark
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

PostSubject: Re: Kamov 50 Black Shark   Kamov 50 Black Shark Icon_minitime30/01/08, 11:30 am

Hey

It seems like some guys of the team are working secretly now lol

Looks awesome though, waiting for detailed pics sunny
Back to top Go down
Velzevul

PostSubject: Re: Kamov 50 Black Shark   Kamov 50 Black Shark Icon_minitime30/01/08, 02:46 pm

Well, Kamov is good. But, i think, in Chechnya Mi-24 was used more commonly.
p.s.: and i really doubt, that there was used at least one Mi-28. :-/

Last edited by on 30/01/08, 03:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

PostSubject: Re: Kamov 50 Black Shark   Kamov 50 Black Shark Icon_minitime30/01/08, 03:02 pm

That's true, but it seems like the Kamov was used commonly in Chechnya since January 2001 as you can read here: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25075

As we cover the second war (since 2000) it won't be a problem to use it. Then it will be up to the mission-makers to add a little "dose" of Kamov in the missions and not adding 150 of those helicopters in the air.(except for air-support mission)

To my opinion, 1 or 2 kamov covering a 400km² should be enough to be realistic. If anybody have more infos about the way they deployed the Kamov, feel free to post it.

The MI24 addon for ArmA already exists and we'll surely use it a lot in the coming missions.
Back to top Go down
Velzevul

PostSubject: Re: Kamov 50 Black Shark   Kamov 50 Black Shark Icon_minitime30/01/08, 03:46 pm

datakill wrote:

To my opinion, 1 or 2 kamov covering a 400km² should be enough to be realistic.

you're right. there was one only БУГ (Боевая Ударная Группа) (sorry, don`t know how to translate correctly), consisted of two Ka-50 and one Ka-29 in Chechnya that used in battle missions.
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

PostSubject: Re: Kamov 50 Black Shark   Kamov 50 Black Shark Icon_minitime30/01/08, 04:59 pm

Thanks for the info, that will be useful for the mission makers as our 3 major goals are: realism, realism and realism.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Dev

Dev

PostSubject: Re: Kamov 50 Black Shark   Kamov 50 Black Shark Icon_minitime30/01/08, 06:34 pm

Im working on the all black version with some other real details. The shark mouth i havent to date seen a real life picture of so i dont feel too good with releasing the shark mouth before i see it. But the all black with new detials will be a good one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kamov 50 Black Shark   Kamov 50 Black Shark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kamov 50 Black Shark
Page 1 of 1