ArmA Chechnya War Mod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ArmA Chechnya War Mod

ArmA CWM Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi!

Go down 
+2
datakill
Ripperbat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripperbat

Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Hi!   Hi! Icon_minitime29/01/08, 12:58 pm

I just thought it proper to say hi since I'm new.

I'm from sweden, a musician and interested in modeling. I read on armaholic.com that you need someone to mdoel aircraft. Exactly what aircraft types do you guys have in mind?

Fredrik
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi!   Hi! Icon_minitime29/01/08, 01:09 pm

Hi Fredrik ! About time ! lol

First of all.....we NEED you , if you're able to model anything in O2 or even 3DSmax, not only aircrafts. I need to know more about what you are able to do (like aircraft + animation settings for ArmA or just modeling, etc..). You could be a permanent modder here if you want, then it would be the swedish invasion as DEV is from the same country.
Though, we would love to work on a MI28 helicopter.

Drop me a line
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi!   Hi! Icon_minitime05/02/08, 01:44 pm

Hi all,

Since i'm new too, i wanted to say hi, without starting a whole new thread (i hope ripperbat doesn't mind me using his thread for this).

I'm from Belgium, played the good old Flashpoint before, and now ArmA. I'm very happy to see this Mod, because it is finally something diffirent, based on a reallife conflict wich is too often forgotten.
Well, thanks to all of you for sharing your work, and good luck.

Grtz
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi!   Hi! Icon_minitime05/02/08, 03:58 pm

Welcome and thanks for the nice comments.

Feel free to ask the questions you want about the addons (except the release date Smile )

Cheers
Back to top Go down
sobr

Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi!   Hi! Icon_minitime14/02/08, 02:57 pm

I was already looking for a thread like this. Smile
I'm from Germany, a student in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering and a keen OFp player since 01.

I have no idea of mission editing, scripting, modelling or whatever. But I can be of use to provide most secure and accurate data on almost all weapon systems of any war machinery, starting from small arms to high velocity rockets.

Hope I can lend a hand here and there? And as for the spetsnaz pictures and pistols used - count on me, Ill be back in my hometown in 20-30 days and will provide you with those.
Back to top Go down
datakill
Admin
datakill

Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi!   Hi! Icon_minitime21/02/08, 11:49 am

Hi and welcome here.

Thx for your help, very appreciated.

cheers
Back to top Go down
abica

Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi!   Hi! Icon_minitime25/02/08, 11:00 pm

Trying once more- last time the forum put my email as my username...or maybe I did, somehow? Anyway, hello again!

I'm from the St Louis, Missouri area of the midwest US, and interested in Russian army stuff.

I like the looks of your mod- you've got a great thing going and I'm ready for something other than the same old US soldiers in a game!

Since I'm in an airsoft club with a big Russian following, I might be able to help with various pictures for skinners to reference.

I own a few uniforms- KLMK one-piece suit with mask, Flora (standard issue Rus Army), Berezka M-7 (a Spetznaz/MVD pattern, like KLMK but different coloration and it's an actual uniform, not a coverall).

I also have a Grad-2 harness, which I believe is currently pretty common in interior units and some army regiments.

Members of the airsoft club have the following:

A couple different "Gorka" suits- these have been a favorite of troops over there since the Afghan War, and saw a lot of use in Chechnya by VDV (and specifically Spetsnaz) and MVD...not sure if regular army units are issued Gorka.

There's plenty of TTSKO and VSR camo around, which would fit the First Chechen War more than the second.

What else? I'm drawing a blank...but as you guys know, MVD units use pretty much whatever they want.

As far as load bearing equipment, some folks here have the following: Grad-1, Smersh, Nerpa, the old Lifchika, basic leather belt/suspenders, Pioneer vest, Tarzan vest, and I think someone has the "Vityaz" vest as well. I believe a fellow has the Splav sniper harness that looks similar to the load bearing gear you've modeled.

Once again, there are some things that I'm forgetting.

Of course, there are little details too that might be able to be stuck on skins...signal flares on load bearing gear, proper Russian radio pouches and canteens, etc etc.

Like I said before, feel free to email me and I'll provide you with pictures of whatever I can get my hands on.

I came here from www.red-alliance.net, a place with many many enthusiasts and a few 'experts' on the subject.

Cheers!

-jw

EDIT: We're turning Soviet for an upcoming week-long airsoft event, NATO vs East Bloc, with east/west German border guards, could turn into the longest and most serious 24 hour per day week long airsoft game so far in the world! That's put our modern Russian stuff on the back burner a bit. A gallery of a few pictures can be found here: http://www.red-alliance.net/gallery/slap

I might start a thread of resources to look at for the mod, maybe tonight, since I have spent a bit of time digging through photo galleries of the Chechen wars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.red-alliance.net
datakill
Admin
datakill

Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi!   Hi! Icon_minitime03/03/08, 12:03 pm

Hi there and welcome on the forum !

First of all, thx a lot for helping, I will contact you soon to ask you some gears pics.

You've got an awesome website there, really good to find some important informations.

Cheers !
Back to top Go down
humpel

Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi!   Hi! Icon_minitime08/03/08, 03:52 pm

Privet, Tovarishi!
I'm - just like abica - from the Red Alliance Airsoft board and found your project "accidentially".
Your work is awesome affraid
I wish I could contribute something to this awesome work.
But unfortunately I neither have programming skills nor any idea how to repaint models.
I can provide you with some TTsKO pictures though - if you need some.
Also, if you decide to implement a campaign I'd love to help you with the story

Cheers,
humpel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi!   Hi! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ArmA Chechnya War Mod :: Public Forum :: General discussion-